Thursday, May 9, 2013
STEPS IN VOTING DURING THE MAY 13, 2013 ELECTIONS
1. Find your name in the certified voters' list (PCVL) to know
your precinct number and sequence number.
2. Approach any member of the BEI (Board of Election Inspectors) and tell him/her your name, precinct number, and sequence number.
3. The BEI or support staff shall:
a. Verify if your name is in the EDCVL (election day
computerized voters' list). If your name is
NOT in the EDCVL, YOU CANNOT VOTE.
b. Look at your finger, if it already has indelible ink
c. Will request you to sign in the EDCVL, or to put
your thumb mark, if you are a PWD, or do not
not know how to write.
4. You will be sent to the Chairman of the BEI, who will:
a. Verify the ballot by signing on it, in front of you.
b. Place the ballot in the ballot secrecy folder.
c. Give you the ballot secrecy folder and
d. Will tell you the proper way of marking the ballot.
e. Will send you to the designated voting area.
5. Go to the designated voting area.
6. Vote by marking the circle opposite to the name
of the candidate or of the party list you wish
to vote for. Make sure not to exceed the required
number of votes, nor mark circles more than
7. After voting/marking the ballot, insert it to the ballot
entry slot of the PCOS and wait for the following
to appear on the screen: "Congratulations. Your
vote has been registered."
8. The BEI third member or support staff will watch
the screen to make sure that your ballot was
9. Return the ballot secrecy folder and marking pen.
10. Leave the polling place.
GO TO YOUR POLLING PRECINCT EARLY.