Wednesday, October 15, 2014
5 HIGH POINTS OF 12TH CO-OP SUMMIT
By way of an overview, there are five (5) high points in the biennial, 3-day 12th National Cooperative Summit happening now at the Waterfront Hotel, Lahug, Cebu.
According to a press report from the Philippine Cooperative Center (PCC) summit co-convenor with the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), these are:
1. The Summit is the culmination of all the activities since the last Summit in 2012, including every October celebration of the Cooperative Month.
2. It will be the occasion for the presentation of: Blueprint for the Cooperative Decade 2020; the different Forum Declarations issued by the cooperatives; and results of the thematic break-out sessions from the four (4) cooperative clusters.
3. It will recognize outstanding cooperatives, leaders, workers, and the living icons of the Philippine cooperative movement.
4. It will showcase cooperation and show-of-force among cooperatives nationwide; and
5. The Summit will serve as a call-to-action as agreements shall be forged for the cooperatives to achieve the goals of raising the bar of excellence an cooperation. (END).